Tata DoCoMo Extends Footprint to Haryana
Tata DoCoMo, which registered the highest monthly additions for any operator in India in August, has launched it services in Haryana.
Ratan Tata, chairman, Tata Sons, said over a message, This launch is truly a moment of triumph for the consumer. The launch of pay-per-use, per-second concept offered by Tata-DoCoMo will create a paradigm shift in the overall telecom experience for the customer and provide a service that is refreshingly different.
Tata DoCoMo will cover 386 towns as well as cities and 1,750 villages in Haryana. The network will also be available across 1,800-km long highways and 400 km of Rail network. Subsequent to receipt of spectrum, coverage will also be provided to districts of Fatehbad and Sirsa, a company release said.
In a video-address, Toshinari Kunieda, senior VP & MD, Global Business Division, NTT DoCoMo, said, Progressively, NTT DoCoMo shall bring to India the various products and services that we offer in Japan and many other countries - such as i-modeTM, Location-based Services (LBS) and mobile payment - and give Tata DoCoMo customers a flavor of tomorrow. TTSL and NTT DoCoMo are closely engaged in integrating technology, value-added services, products and applications through the mechanism of Business and Technology Cooperation Committee (BTCC). This should see Tata DoCoMo change the way India communicates.
Aditya Gupta, Tata DoCoMo s hub-head for Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana, said the company is focusing strongly on network superiority, coverage and service offerings. Our network footprint is the largest among all telecom operators in Haryana, at the time of launch. We have already made large investments in the circle, and further expansion in this financial year itself is on the anvil, he said.
Gupta said Tata DoCoMo will unveil a portfolio of value-added services, along with products and services like diet-sms, free voicemail, timed SMS service, free missed call alerts, Call-me tunes, etc.
- Leading Change: Some Lessons From An Entrepreneur
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Shifting Security Strategy From Breach 'Prevention' To 'Acceptance'
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Urban Ladder Names Ajit Joshi As President, COO
- Tata Sons Names Aarthi Subramanian As Chief Digital Officer