Tata Elxsi and Full Spectrum to Customize FullMAX
Tata Elxsi and Full Spectrum have announced a strategic partnership to customize Full Spectrum’s FullMAX Broadband Wireless System for smart grid communications. FullMAX is a "Private WiMAX" solution that creates a cost effective, wide area, private, mobile and fixed IP-based wireless communications network for electric utilities, oil and gas companies, transportation entities and public safety agencies.
The FullMAX System is an enhanced and extended version of worldwide Mobile WiMAX (802.16e-2005) standard designed specifically for mission critical communications. The FullMAX Software Defined Radio (SDR) is the first commercially available broadband radio to support all licensed frequencies from 40 MHz to 958 MHz with data rates up to 10 Mbps. It is a complete, end-to-end, Mobile WiMAX based system including the FullMAX Base Station Radio and Mobile and Fixed Station Radios.
A defining feature of the FullMAX System is its ability to work in non-standard, licensed, low band VHF/UHF frequencies at high transmit power. Standard WiMAX systems are designed to operate in microwave frequencies at very low transmit power. Typical coverage for a standard Mobile WiMAX system is approximately 12 square miles from a tower site. The FullMAX System can provide mobile and fixed data coverage up to 1,250 square miles from a single tower site by using low band licensed VHF frequencies at high transmit power.
By partnering with Tata Elxsi, Full Spectrum will leverage the former’s team of more than 300 software development engineers to offer customized smart grid and other intelligent infrastructure communications solutions.
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Urban Ladder Names Ajit Joshi As President, COO