Tata Elxsi Announces Healthcare Initiative
Tata Elxsi Ltd and Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore have signed a MoU to develop affordable, high quality healthcare solutions.
This partnership will bring together Tata Elxsi’s technology and design expertise and Narayana Hrudayalaya’s domain knowledge to develop medical devices for the mass market that will drastically reduce the cost of procedures and thus make healthcare solutions more accessible and affordable for general public.
While Tata Elxsi, through its industrial design division, IDE, will undertake the entire design and development work of the devices, Narayana Hrudayalaya will provide support for problem identification, domain knowledge and clinical trials.
The partnership will develop devices through innovation, value engineering and new technologies, to create simple, effective and economical healthcare tools and techniques which can be used by doctors in the key areas of healthcare. Tata Elxsi’s experience in working on devices for India and emerging markets will further ensure that these objectives are judiciously met, the company stated in a release.
"While Narayana Hrudayalaya has been pioneering affordable and innovative health services in the country, Tata Elxsi’s strength lies in developing innovative devices by internalizing the environmental sensibilities of the healthcare industry and creating intuitive solutions that are both cost-effective and robust. This partnership will aim at making a substantial difference for both the doctors using the devices and patients who are paying for the treatment," Madhukar Dev, MD, Tata Elxsi, said in a statement.
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- AMD To Woo Enterprises With New Line Of Processors
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 21-25)
- Infosys Saga: Nandan Nilekani Appointed Chairman
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Infosys Crisis: Can Founders Ever Walk Away From Their Companies?