Tata Elxsi joins Genivi Alliance
Tata Elxsi, an embedded product design and technology services provider, has now become an ‘associate member’ of the globally recognized Genivi Alliance. The alliance is a non-profit industry formed association of automotive, consumer electronics and communications companies and is committed to driving the adoption of an in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) reference platform.
"Our familiarity with the Genivi platform will provide our clients with access to world-class product development and technology integration experience to help create differentiated and unique solutions and services, enabling reusability and reducing time-to-market and development costs," explained Nitin Pai, VP (Marketing), Tata Elxsi.
According to Tata Elxsi, consumers today want to access entertainment, information and location-based services, on-demand in real-time — even within cars. This requires convergence of multimedia, wireless, communication and navigation technologies. Tata Elxsi works with automotive OEMs, suppliers and silicon vendors for embedded software and product development for infotainment, body, safety and power train electronics.
The Genivi Alliance’s aim is to nurture the use of open source in the IVI community. The alliance aims to deliver reusable, open source platforms consisting of Linux-based core devices, middleware and open application layer interfaces.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Top 10 FinTech Trends Of 2018
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- Alibaba Sees India As Significant Market In Its Global Strategy
- Facebook’s Messenger 2.2 To Woo The Enterprise
- Three Major Digital Transformation Challenges
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study