Tata Elxsi joins Genivi Alliance
Tata Elxsi, an embedded product design and technology services provider, has now become an ‘associate member’ of the globally recognized Genivi Alliance. The alliance is a non-profit industry formed association of automotive, consumer electronics and communications companies and is committed to driving the adoption of an in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) reference platform.
"Our familiarity with the Genivi platform will provide our clients with access to world-class product development and technology integration experience to help create differentiated and unique solutions and services, enabling reusability and reducing time-to-market and development costs," explained Nitin Pai, VP (Marketing), Tata Elxsi.
According to Tata Elxsi, consumers today want to access entertainment, information and location-based services, on-demand in real-time — even within cars. This requires convergence of multimedia, wireless, communication and navigation technologies. Tata Elxsi works with automotive OEMs, suppliers and silicon vendors for embedded software and product development for infotainment, body, safety and power train electronics.
The Genivi Alliance’s aim is to nurture the use of open source in the IVI community. The alliance aims to deliver reusable, open source platforms consisting of Linux-based core devices, middleware and open application layer interfaces.
- How AR-VR Is Changing The World Of Advertising
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- 5G To Pave Way For Self-driving Cars' Safety: Gartner
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- When Securing Customer Loyalty Becomes Critical