Tata Elxsi joins Genivi Alliance
Tata Elxsi, an embedded product design and technology services provider, has now become an ‘associate member’ of the globally recognized Genivi Alliance. The alliance is a non-profit industry formed association of automotive, consumer electronics and communications companies and is committed to driving the adoption of an in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) reference platform.
"Our familiarity with the Genivi platform will provide our clients with access to world-class product development and technology integration experience to help create differentiated and unique solutions and services, enabling reusability and reducing time-to-market and development costs," explained Nitin Pai, VP (Marketing), Tata Elxsi.
According to Tata Elxsi, consumers today want to access entertainment, information and location-based services, on-demand in real-time — even within cars. This requires convergence of multimedia, wireless, communication and navigation technologies. Tata Elxsi works with automotive OEMs, suppliers and silicon vendors for embedded software and product development for infotainment, body, safety and power train electronics.
The Genivi Alliance’s aim is to nurture the use of open source in the IVI community. The alliance aims to deliver reusable, open source platforms consisting of Linux-based core devices, middleware and open application layer interfaces.
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study