Tata Elxsi to Open Visual Effects Studio in LA
Tata Elxsi has set up a studio in Santa Monica, Los Angeles to provide its visual effects services to U.S.-based film and television production companies.
Tata Elxsi already has set up centres in Tokyo and the U.K. but these have been for the embedded product design services and industrial design service divisions respectively. The Los Angeles Visual Computing Labs (VCL), which is scheduled to be inaugurated on 7th December, is the first VFX studio in the U.S.
The 45-seater studio will mainly provide services in the visual effects space. While local U.S. visual effects companies are finding it difficult to cope with the slowdown, Tata Elxsi’s visual computing division feels it will be able to take advantage of the slowdown by providing high quality services in a cost-effective manner.
Pankaj Khandpur, creative director of VCL, explained that the division is looking to vie for the higher end of the value chain in the visual effects space. This means the company will now be able to deal with its U.S. clients closely, becoming part of the conceptualisation process, which is normally not outsourced by Hollywood production houses.
The employees will mainly be locally sourced and mostly work on a per-project (freelance) basis, which is the accepted norm in the production industry. While the LA-based VCL will work on the core conceptualisation work, around 60 percent will be handled from its Indian offices. S Nagarajan, COO of VLC said the additional professionals for work outsourced to its Indian facilities will be recruited as and when the requirement arises. As of now, initial work is going to be on motion picture trailers, which will be headed by Treva Blue. This will be completed in the Santa Monica studio itself.
A project is expected to come through around next month.
- Cloud Majors to Put More Emphasis on Edge Computing: Study
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- How HR Analytics Can Be A Game-Changer In The Banking Industry
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively