Tata Sky deploys Cisco's video everywhere solution
DTH service provider Tata Sky has deployed Cisco Videoscape Video Everywhere solution. Tata Sky, which has presence in over 19,000 towns with over 11.5 million connections, will benefit from Cisco Videoscape Video Everywhere solution as it offers better multiscreen experiences beyond the set-top box.
Tata Sky is the first platform in Asia to deploy this new video solution, which is currently available on Apple iOS platform. This means, users can see live video streaming on mobile devices – Apple iPhone and iPads — on iOS platforms. This limits the usage of video streaming to Tata Sky customers as the device major Apple is not a strong smartphone and tablet player in India. However, the solution will be added to Android platforms soon, according to a company statement
Sue Taylor, Vice President Sales, Cisco Service Provider Video Software Solutions in Asia Pacific said: “Video has moved beyond TV and to differentiate their offerings, video service providers have to take multiscreen experiences to the next level – delivering video in a more exciting, and engaging way.”
The new solution will enable Tata Sky will be able to improve subscribers’ loyalty, speed time to market of new services and service enhancements as well as assure high quality even over unmanaged networks and devices, states Vikram Mehra, Chief Commercial Officer, Tata Sky, adding that its subscribers’ will be able to take the video experience with them on the move, thereby transforming their handheld device into a fully-functional TV screen with an interface which is clean, simple and easy to navigate.
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- OTT Gaining Momentum Due To Faster Internet
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- Media Firms To Think AI, Cognitive To Achieve Personalization
- Apple Partners With Accenture On Enterprise Mobile Apps
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs