Tata Sons Names Aarthi Subramanian As Chief Digital Officer
Tata Sons appointed Aarthi Subramanian, executive director at TCS as the Group’s chief digital officer.
Subramanian will report to N. Chandrasekaran, executive chairman of Tata Sons, and continue to serve on the board of TCS as a non-executive director. She will adorn her new role in August this year.
She brings with her over 26 years of experience in the global technology sector. Starting her career with TCS, she has worked in diverse roles in India, Sweden, the US and Canada, and oversaw execution of large-scale technology projects as well as in operations and program management.
Subramanian is computer science graduate from the National Institute of Technology, Warangal, India and holds a master’s degree in Engineering Management from the University of Kansas, US.
“Aarthi has a great track record of successfully leading large teams to achieve excellence in customer service delivery and has been a strong advocate of proactive value addition for customers. As the group’s chief digital officer, she will play a key role in driving digital adoption across group companies as well as the group’s digital initiatives,” said, Chandrasekaran.
“Having worked with Aarthi for many years, I know that her experience and commitment will be very valuable in building a Tata group that is ready to rise in the digital economy,” he added.
Subramanian said, “I am delighted to have the opportunity to work under Chandra’s leadership again. The Tata group is a unique institution with great strengths and it will be my endeavor to help the group capture many new economic opportunities that are emerging from the digital economy.”
- When Securing Customer Loyalty Becomes Critical
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy
- Making Digital Transactions Simpler And Secured
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- 10 Signs Your Analytics Program Will Fail
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business
- Programmatic Advertising: Reach The Right Customers At The Right Time
- 5 Digital Transaction Trends To Follow This Year
- How CIOs Of Midsize Firms Can Drive Digital Transformation
- Information Management Can Drive Digital Transformation Effort