Tata Sons Names Aarthi Subramanian As Chief Digital Officer
Tata Sons appointed Aarthi Subramanian, executive director at TCS as the Group’s chief digital officer.
Subramanian will report to N. Chandrasekaran, executive chairman of Tata Sons, and continue to serve on the board of TCS as a non-executive director. She will adorn her new role in August this year.
She brings with her over 26 years of experience in the global technology sector. Starting her career with TCS, she has worked in diverse roles in India, Sweden, the US and Canada, and oversaw execution of large-scale technology projects as well as in operations and program management.
Subramanian is computer science graduate from the National Institute of Technology, Warangal, India and holds a master’s degree in Engineering Management from the University of Kansas, US.
“Aarthi has a great track record of successfully leading large teams to achieve excellence in customer service delivery and has been a strong advocate of proactive value addition for customers. As the group’s chief digital officer, she will play a key role in driving digital adoption across group companies as well as the group’s digital initiatives,” said, Chandrasekaran.
“Having worked with Aarthi for many years, I know that her experience and commitment will be very valuable in building a Tata group that is ready to rise in the digital economy,” he added.
Subramanian said, “I am delighted to have the opportunity to work under Chandra’s leadership again. The Tata group is a unique institution with great strengths and it will be my endeavor to help the group capture many new economic opportunities that are emerging from the digital economy.”
- GST: Security Issues Plaguing India's Latest Tax Reform
- Govt Considers Insurance Cover For Fraudulent Digital Transaction
- Urban Ladder Names Ajit Joshi As President, COO
- Re-Skilling Efforts To Continue In IT Sector: Nasscom
- Zirca Bets On Content Innovation With ContentdB
- 2.5 Lakh Indian Gram Panchayats To Be Digitally Connected
- How Do You Pave The Way For A Digital Future?
- S&P Global Partners NDE For New Global Talent Center
- MobiKwik Partners Samsung Pay For 'One-Tap' Payment Solutions
- Banking The Unbanked With Bitcoin