Tata Tele Enhances its 3G Readiness
Tata Teleservices Limited (TTSL) will implement solutions that will allow it to carry both Ethernet and TDM traffic over its wireless networks. TDM or Time Division Multiplexing is a technology that allows sending of multiple signals simultaneously within the same communication channel.
Consequently, it will allow TTSL to transmit voice, data and other multi-media rich content over its wireless network.
The solution it is implementing, from Ceragon, includes a migration-ready system termed FibeAir IP-10 that supports TDM technology and Ethernet over a single platform. Taking advantage of Ceragon’s pay-as-you-grow concept, Tata will also be able upgrade its wireless backhaul capacity in the future and reach up to 500Mbps per radio channel.
“We have selected Ceragon’s microwave solutions to provide high-capacity backhaul for our CDMA network. Once the solution is deployed, Tata Teleservices will be able to offer a wide range of data and multimedia applications on top of its voice centric package,” said A G Rao, chief technology officer, Tata Teleservices Limited.
“As we advance towards Next Generation Network and 3G services, wireless solutions from Ceragon will provide flexible and scalable answers for cost effective, future-proof high-capacity backhaul connectivity. Our long term agreement with Ceragon will enable us to roll out robust networks, and ensure our valued customers the best quality service today and for years to come.”
Tata Teleservices has over 29 million customers and is present in 19 of the 22 cellular service circles in India.
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Urban Ladder Names Ajit Joshi As President, COO
- Tata Sons Names Aarthi Subramanian As Chief Digital Officer
- HPE, Tata To Build India's largest IoT Network
- Microsoft's Slew Of Offerings To Boost 'Digital India'
- TCS Appoints V Ramakrishnan As CFO, R Gopinathan As CEO