Tata Teleservices Enters Mobile Banking Space
Tata Teleservices, in partnership with ICICI Bank, will now offer mobile banking services to Tata Indicom subscribers registered with ICICI Bank.
These subscribers registered for mobile banking with ICICI Bank can now manage their finances while on the move using their Tata Indicom mobile phone via iMobile, a Brew-based application.
Elaborating on the tieup, Zubin Jimmy Dubash, assistant vice president, Tata Teleservices, said, "By having the largest private bank - ICICI Bank - we have just moved one step further towards mobile commerce. The mobile phone has enormous potential when used as a tool for financial services. It is likely to revolutionize the sector in a similar manner that the ATM did for banking and cash, years ago."
iMobile will enable Tata Indicom subscribers to transfer funds to any bank account, pay bills, top up prepaid mobile recharge, view account balances, last five transaction history, presented bills, credit card payment due date, among others. Also, the customers can locate an ICICI Bank branch, ATM and phone banking numbers. In addition, the service provides the subscribers the opportunity to access the credit card, demat and loan services.
The iMobile application can be downloaded onto the handset through BREW catalogue on the company’s server on all the handsets. The customers need to have a data-enabled handset that supports this application.
Current handsets supporting iMobile application are Samsung T Nimbus, Samsung Bliss, Samsung NX1 LG 6335, and Pantec 715, Samsung Max.
Datacomp Ties with Atom for m-Payment Platform
Sun, C-SAM Launch Mobile Banking Solution
Stanchart Receives RBI Mobile Banking Approval
Citi Intros Mobile Banking Solution
Indian Cos Looking for a Piece of Mobile VAS
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway