Tata to Launch GSM Services this Month
Tata Teleservices GSM foray has been finalized for later this month. The new GSM services will be branded TATA DOCOMO .
TATA DOCOMO will commence the commercial launch of its GSM operations with telecom circles in South India. Anil Sardana, MD of Tata Teleservices, said their pan-India rollout is expected to be completed by the year-end.
Through their strategic partnership with Japanese telecom giant NTT DOCOMO, Tata will get products and services like i-mode, LBS, mobile payments, etc.
We are closely working with Tata Teleservices on future technologies like 3G and Long-Term Evolution (LTE)," said Toshinari Kunieda, SVP and MD (global business division) of NTT DOCOMO.
A Tata Teleservices spokesperson said that the Tata GSM rollout will have the most network coverage of any operator at the launch stage.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Jan 29-Feb 2)
- Why Are Telcos Disappointed With Budget 2018
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 15-20)
- India's Telecom Sector To Slash 80K-90K Jobs
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Three Major Digital Transformation Challenges
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit