TCS and 3Com to Build Andhra Pradesh WAN
3Com Corporation has named Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) as its partner in the project to create a wide area network (WAN). Completion of the Andhra Pradesh State Wide Area Network (APSWAN) project will result in connecting 23 district offices in the state, so as to increase efficiency in government operations.
"We have a strong foothold in the education and government verticals across the world and this win with TCS will help us carry our mission further in India," expressed Rose Chen, VP and GM (Asia Pacific), 3Com.
As per the agreement, 3Com will provide high-end enterprise switching, routing and security solutions for the project. 3Com’s network will enable government offices to communicate and even hold conferences over VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol). This will help reduce communication costs. Applications covering transport, healthcare, education and municipality will also operate on this e-governance network backbone.
"We are happy to partner 3Com for this prestigious project. The network is an important aspect in this ambitious project, which would connect various government offices with common service centres. It is on this network various e-government initiatives would ride and hence is very critical to the overall project," explained Tanmoy Chakrabarty, VP and head government ISU, TCS.
Earlier in September, the Andhra Pradesh government had awarded TCS the State Wide Area Network (SWAN) project, purportedly the largest in the country. TCS was signed on to a five year build, own, operate, and transfer (BOOT) model. The project will expected to enable the state government to start and run various projects for citizen services to boost G2G (government to government) and G2C (government to citizen) efficiencies. The motive is to help transform processes into an e-governance structure.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- GSTR2: To File Or Not To File?
- SBI To Use Blockchain For Smart Contracts
- Tech Start-Ups, B2B Firms Drive Indian Start-Up Ecosystem: Nasscom
- Altaf Halde Joins Network Intelligence Business Head
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report