TCS and Xynteo team up for a low-carbon economy
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Xynteo, a strategic advisory firm specializing in low-carbon growth, have announced a collaboration to jointly create solutions for a low-carbon economy. These solutions will be initially built and deployed in the Nordic market.
"We recognize the need for collaboration to create solutions for our customers that address the challenge of global climate challenge by leveraging technology. With its valuable expertise in low-carbon growth solutions, Xynteo fits in well as a value partner for TCS," said A S Lakshminarayanan, VP and head of TCS Europe.
The partnership will look at finding new ways to help companies increase productivity while reducing carbon dioxide emissions — along their entire value chains, extending to the final consumer.
Dr Osvald Bjelland, the Chairman of Xynteo, added: "As the low-carbon economy takes shape, carbon-efficiency will become more and more central to competitive advantage. Smart IT could deliver significant emissions reductions for individual businesses and thus the global economy as a whole. As a world leader in IT solutions, TCS has a potentially pivotal role to play in making this change a reality."
According to the Climate Group and the Global eSustainability Initiative (GeSI), the low-carbon economy will depend to a large extent on the world’s ability to deploy IT to ‘de-carbonize’ the way people work and live. By driving energy efficiency and enabling the replacement of high-carbon goods and services with virtual technology, IT could save up to an estimated 15 percent of total global greenhouse gas emissions by 2020, additionally saving 600 billion Euros in the process.
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Nasscom Believes IT industry Will Perform Better Next Fiscal