TCS Bags AP SWAN Project
TCS has bagged its fourth SWAN project in a row, after previously winning projects for the Chattisgarh, Tamil Nadu, and Bihar governments. The Andhra Pradesh project is slated to be the country’s largest SWAN project on completion.
The proposed State Wide Area Network (SWAN) project will enable the government of Andhra Pradesh to start and run various e-governance projects and citizen services. This would bring about significant efficiencies in G2G and G2C services of the state, which will help in bringing complete transformation in the e-governance structure. The project would be rolled out in 12 months and TCS will then maintain it for five years.
"Andhra Pradesh has been in the forefront of implementing e-governance projects to take advantage of technology in improving government functioning. This ambitious AP SWAN project is yet another initiative of the state government to take a wide array of government services to the common man in the remotest corner of the state," said Sameer Sharma, (IAS) IT secretary & chairman of Andhra Pradesh Technology Services.
The project involves connecting of the state headquarters with 1,088 ‘mandals’ and 23 district headquarters. Once the project is commissioned, the network will enable the AP government to have video conferencing facility across government offices and enable the government offices to communicate and conference with each other over VoIP phones, thereby reducing government phone bills considerably.
Various e-governance applications like RTO, healthcare, education, municipality, etc. would also ride this network backbone.
- There's Potential To Unlock USD 50-Bn in India's Online Commerce
- C-Suite Lessons: How To Secure Enterprise Network
- How Cisco Is Speeding Up Network Innovation
- Infor To Double Revenues By 2020: IMEA GM
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem