TCS bags multi-million dollar deal from Bombardier
IT services major TCS has bagged a multi-million dollar deal from leading rail vehicles maker Bombardier Transportation for managing IT infrastructure of its newly commissioned data centers.
According to a company statement, “The multi-year, multi-million deal, is the first that the company has signed with a rail-transportation technology provider.” Bombardier Transportation is a world leader in rail transportation with operations in over 60 countries.
“India is central to Bombardier’s Information Services strategy - our relationship with TCS offers operational excellence in markets around the world,” said Thomas Leidenbach, VP- Bombardier Transportation.
The companies however did not reveal financial details of the deal.
As part of the contract, TCS will provide remote infrastructure management (RIM) of Bombardier Transportation’s recently established data centres in Germany. The new data centers will set up a virtualized platform for Bombardier through private cloud services. TCS will also provide SAP Basis support to Bombardier Transportation.
“This is a strategic step forward for TCS as it establishes us as a partner of choice for infrastructure services in the German market,” said Sapthagiri Chapalapalli, Head of Central Europe at TCS.
The company’s Central Europe operations comprise over 4,000 professionals, servicing more than 80 leading German and Austrian companies such as Commerzbank, Daimler, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Börse, as well as several midsize companies.
With a number of large deals from Europe and the US, TCS last week announced better than expected 34% rise in net profit to Rs 4,702 crore for its second quarter.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study