TCS Bags Singapore Govt. Contract
Tata Consultancy Services announced that it has been chosen by Singapore’s People’s Association to provide annual Application Management Services (AMS) for two years. The deal is reportedly a multi-million dollar one in which the People’s Association — a grassroots government organization in Singapore — will have its citizen-centric and mission critical applications maintained by TCS.
According to the agreement, TCS will develop and maintain People’s Associations’ business, citizen-centric applications and mission critical applications. This involves consolidating its multiple vendor environments, allowing for reduced maintenance costs and simplified system administration. This process is hoped to improve efficiency and staff productivity across the organization, since TCS will lower costs that would otherwise have been spent on application maintenance. The increased efficiency and productivity will have a positive effect on a citizen’s experience with the agency.
The government/public sector is one of the focus areas for TCS in Asia Pacific, where the company already has a proven track record. The company has worked locally with Singapore’s flag carrier SIA, Temasek Holdings, GIC, DBS Bank, etc. Recently, TCS had recently implemented TCS BaNCS Corporate Actions business application for the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC).
Girija Pande, EVP and head, TCS Asia Pacific, said, "We have instilled strict quality control procedures and continue to drive more value for our Singaporean clients through increased service quality provided by our team of highly qualified people with local knowledge of culture and processes."
TCS already has a presence in Singapore for over 20 years, with over 30 customers including Singapore Airlines, Citibank Asia Pacific, General Electric, Singapore Exchange, Standard Chartered Bank, and ING Bank.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Rubique To Expand To 100 Cities by March 2018
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation