TCS Bags Singapore Govt. Contract
Tata Consultancy Services announced that it has been chosen by Singapore’s People’s Association to provide annual Application Management Services (AMS) for two years. The deal is reportedly a multi-million dollar one in which the People’s Association — a grassroots government organization in Singapore — will have its citizen-centric and mission critical applications maintained by TCS.
According to the agreement, TCS will develop and maintain People’s Associations’ business, citizen-centric applications and mission critical applications. This involves consolidating its multiple vendor environments, allowing for reduced maintenance costs and simplified system administration. This process is hoped to improve efficiency and staff productivity across the organization, since TCS will lower costs that would otherwise have been spent on application maintenance. The increased efficiency and productivity will have a positive effect on a citizen’s experience with the agency.
The government/public sector is one of the focus areas for TCS in Asia Pacific, where the company already has a proven track record. The company has worked locally with Singapore’s flag carrier SIA, Temasek Holdings, GIC, DBS Bank, etc. Recently, TCS had recently implemented TCS BaNCS Corporate Actions business application for the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC).
Girija Pande, EVP and head, TCS Asia Pacific, said, "We have instilled strict quality control procedures and continue to drive more value for our Singaporean clients through increased service quality provided by our team of highly qualified people with local knowledge of culture and processes."
TCS already has a presence in Singapore for over 20 years, with over 30 customers including Singapore Airlines, Citibank Asia Pacific, General Electric, Singapore Exchange, Standard Chartered Bank, and ING Bank.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Most Organizations Not Doing 'People Strategies' Right
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center