TCS inks multi-million euros deal with SAS Scandinavian Airlines
After striking successful deals with several Nordiac companies such as TDC in Denmark, Posten in Norway and Nokia in Finland in the past, India’s largest service provider Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has added another feather on its cap, by entering into an engagement with SAS Scandinavian Airlines. The IT major has recently bagged a 5-year multi-million euros deal from SAS Scandinavian Airlines to help transform and optimize its IT infrastructure.
TCS will implement its propriety cloud-based solutions to simplify and standardize SAS IT landscape and the initiative is a part of the SAS’s “4 Excellence Next Generation” strategy, aimed at improving competitiveness of the SAS Group, TCS said in a statement. The partnership will also enable SAS to tap into TCS’s Aviation and Digital Innovation Labs for developing solutions to address the needs of the new digital consumer, it added.
SAS Scandinavian Airlines is one of Northern Europe’s major airline, with over a thousand departures on a daily basis to 136 destinations in Scandinavia, Europe, the US and Asia.
“TCS is pleased to be selected as a strategic partner in SAS’ transformation journey to address the new paradigm in the aviation industry, which is characterized by intense competition and demanding customers who are increasingly going digital,” said TCS head of North Europe Amit Bajaj, adding that the company has emerged as a clear partner of choice for Nordic companies looking to reinvent themselves in this new digital age.
The company has been present in the Nordic region since 1991, TCS’s operations in the region comprise over 5,500 professionals working across Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark and Iceland.
- How Robotics Is Changing The Shared Service Landscape
- Why Industry 4.0 Is The Future Of Manufacturing
- SITA Helps Vistara Speed Up Communication
- LinkedIn’s “Made in India” Lite App To Touch Over 60 Nations
- Will the GST Produce 2% Higher Growth Rates?
- Lessons For Indian Biz From Other GST-Compliant Countries
- CISO Lessons From The World's Biggest Ransomware Attack
- RFID Helps Airlines Reduce Baggage Mishandling
- HPE launches Pointnext, Its New Tech Services Arm
- Ramco Systems Secures $2.5 Mn Cloud Deal From Allegis Group