TCS ranks as the top-most admired company in India
Fortune magazine’s Indian edition list ranked Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) as the most admired company in India, followed by Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Infosys and State Bank of India (SBI). However, last year’s winner Tata Steel fell to the seventh position in the list of top 50 most admired companies in India.
ITC and Infosys are tied at the third spot, while 10 other public sector companies have made it into the rankings. L&T (6th rank), Maruti Suzuki (9th) and ICICI Bank (10th) also feature in the top ten.
Four Tata Group firms also made the list, among them are Tata Motors at the 12th spot and Tata Power at 50th. Among state-run enterprises, SBI and Oil & Natural Gas Corporation are in the top 10, ranked at fifth and eighth positions, respectively.State-run oil major Indian Oil Corp was placed at 11th rank, SAIL (22nd), Bharat Petroleum (25th), NTPC (28th), HPCL (31st), GAIL (34th), ONGC Videsh (47th) and Coal India (48th).
- Key Challenges For Infosys' New CEO Salil Parekh
- Infosys Names Capgemini's Salil Parekh As New CEO
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 21-25)
- Can Nandan Nilekani Bring Infosys Back On Track?
- Infosys Saga: Nandan Nilekani Appointed Chairman
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Infosys Crisis: Can Founders Ever Walk Away From Their Companies?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 14-18)
- Infosys’ Blunder: Throwing Baby With The Bathwater