TCS supports Study India Programme
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has announced its support to the Study India Programme (SIP) 2012, a UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI). The programme is designed to give UK undergraduate students an opportunity to learn about India, it’s industry, culture and history. Additionally it provides an experience of studying and working in India.
Shankar Narayanan, Director and Head of TCS in the UK and Ireland, said, “The Study India Programme is a part of our UK skills development initiatives that are geared towards helping to improve employability by encouraging social entrepreneurialism and a global mindset as well as strengthening knowledge through the world of work.”
This year, 60 of the students on the UKIERI Study India Programme will carry out internships at TCS and 42 will experience working with Tata Group companies. An integral part of the curriculum is to provide the students a global perspective on career opportunities - whether they work for a multinational company, a global organisation, a local SME with a global supply chain, or setting out as an entrepreneur.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020