TCS to deploy its SDC project in Uttar Pradesh
Tata Consultancy Services, the IT services, business solutions and outsourcing firm, has won a contract for establishing and managing the state data centre (SDC) for the state of Uttar Pradesh. The SDC is expected to enhance the infrastructure required to consolidate the state level applications and will be interoperable with the existing infrastructure.
“The company will help us consolidate services, applications and infrastructure to provide efficient electronic delivery of government-to-government, government-to-citizen and government-to-business services,” remarked Chandra Prakash, principal secretary, IT and Electronics, Uttar Pradesh.
“Uttar Pradesh Development Systems is committed for the development of state and has completed more than 400 assignments. These services will be rendered by the Uttar Pradesh through common delivery platform seamlessly supported by core Connectivity Infrastructure such as state wide area network (SWAN) and common service centre (CSC) connectivity extended up to village level,” commented Narendra Singh Kushwaha, MD, Uttar Pradesh Development Systems.
“We are delighted to partner with Uttar Pradesh to establish a reliable and efficient state data center (SDC). This is the third State Data Center (SDC) project TCS is implementing after Karnataka and Pondicherry under National e-Governance Plan,” stated Tanmoy Chakrabarty, head and vice president, government ISU.
- How IoT Is Creating Modern, Smart Cities
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- Cyber Security: Challenges And Potential For Indian Businesses
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market
- Will India Govt Ban Cryptocurrencies From Its Payments System
- Can Budget 2018 Offer Respite To Tech Sector?
- Vijay Anand Quits Matrimony.com To Join VRCM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments