TCS to provide infrastructure, BPO services to Supervalu
Tata Consultancy Services (NSE: TCS), an IT services, business solutions and outsourcing firm, has entered into a significant multi-year agreement with Supervalu Inc. (NYSE:SVU), one of the largest grocery retailers in North America, for a full services engagement. The engagement with TCS is meant to drive operational efficiencies for the firm through integration of IT, BPO and infrastructure services. As per the agreement, more than 600 Supervalu India associates will become part of TCS.
“For Supervalu, this move will allow us to improve operations, freeing up funds to invest more aggressively in our customers. It will also allow us to move more quickly toward business solutions,” said Wayne Shurts, Supervalu’s Chief Information Officer (CIO). “We have many talented associates in Supervalu India, and an added benefit of the deal is that they will continue to play a key role in the future success of the company.”
“The engagement with Supervalu reinforces our leadership as the long-term IT partner best equipped to help global corporations transform their businesses using our full services capabilities and domain knowledge,” added N Chandrasekaran, CEO and MD, TCS.
According to TCS the retail industry unit contributed 12.3 per cent of the firm’s total revenues in 2009-10.
- Why IT Services Cos Are Betting On Data Analytics?
- Banks Will Have to Reinvent Their Services
- BB May Quit Handset Biz, Eyes Other Growth Pockets
- Cloud Adoption Drives India's Software Market
- Cognizant’s Chandrasekaran Is Nasscom’s New Chairman
- Integration Can Help Retailers Stay Relevant
- Microsoft Joins India's Micromax To Beat Rivals
- Wipro Gears Up For Cloud, Digital Transformation
- Apple, Google, FB Are The Cleanest Ones
- Most Data Centers Need an Overhaul