TCS, VMware Create Global CoE For India, US Customers
TCS and VMware will jointly create a new global customer Center of Excellence (CoE) with two data center locations in Milford, Ohio and Pune, India.
The Center of Excellence will combine TCS’ infrastructure transformation expertise with a software-defined data center architecture powered by VMware to enable a strategic evolution for the jointly developed offerings and solutions, according to a company statement.
“Through the joint CoE, TCS and VMware are bringing together solutions to help enterprises realize the benefits of the software-defined data centre,” said Todd Surdey, vice president, strategic alliances and emerging partners, VMware, in a statement.
In other words, the CoE will enable customers to beta test real-world application workloads and to assess the value and the effort to deploy applications in a software-defined data center.
The partnership aims to help enterprises achieve lower operating costs, increased performance, availability, reliability, security, and faster service delivery. Initially, the collaboration will provide offerings for software platforms like SAP, Oracle, and enterprise analytics.
TCS will provide architectural design, transformation, and operational expertise to allow customers to transform their business and applications. VMware will provide software-defined data center portfolio, including virtualized compute, network and storage utilizing VMware vSphere, VMware NSX, VMware Virtual SAN and VMware vRealize Suite.
Customers will also have the option of deploying the applications on a hybrid cloud environment utilizing VMware vCloud Air.
“With the VMware infrastructure and converged cloud services offerings, TCS will be able to rapidly design, transform and operate traditional IT into software-defined data centres, and deploy mission-critical enterprise workloads in weeks versus years,” said Raman Venkatraman, vice president and global head of alliances and technology unit, TCS.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?