TCS Website Hacked, Domain Name Up For Sale
Indian software giant Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS) has witnessed the hijacking of its official website www.tcs.com. The hackers did not only attack the website but also allegedly changed its domain name and put it up for sale!
The hackers has posted a "For Sale" message on the site, which is written in both French and English. The hack is thought to be a DNS Redirect rather than a full fledged hack. This is similar to the one that rocked Twitter last year
This attack raises a lot of questions on the Indian IT industry and the overall Internet security in the country. We mean, if top IT firms cannot create a hacker-proof website, what more can we say?
However, the website has now been restored and is working fine.
- Employees Not Bothered About Company’s Security: Study
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- Is It Time To Say 'Goodbye' To Passwords?
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- Top 5 SMB Tech Trends To Rule In 2018
- What Aadhar Data Breach Means To Digital India And Its Citizens
- Top IT Security Predictions of 2018
- GDPR Key Challenge For Enterprises in 2018