TCS Website Hacked, Domain Name Up For Sale
Indian software giant Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS) has witnessed the hijacking of its official website www.tcs.com. The hackers did not only attack the website but also allegedly changed its domain name and put it up for sale!
The hackers has posted a "For Sale" message on the site, which is written in both French and English. The hack is thought to be a DNS Redirect rather than a full fledged hack. This is similar to the one that rocked Twitter last year
This attack raises a lot of questions on the Indian IT industry and the overall Internet security in the country. We mean, if top IT firms cannot create a hacker-proof website, what more can we say?
However, the website has now been restored and is working fine.
- Nearly All Firms Are Unprepared For Next-gen Cyber-Attacks: Study
- Supreme Court Website Hacked; Is India Ready To Defend?
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Poor Visibility, Greatest Challenge To Cloud Adoption
- BI in Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- Why AI Could Be Cybersecurity’s Next Big Thing
- Why IoT Benefits Will Outweigh Its Challenges
- Why IoT Security Needs A Rethink
- Facebook CEO Explains How They Will Fix Data Privacy Issues
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market