TCS Website Hacked, Domain Name Up For Sale
Indian software giant Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS) has witnessed the hijacking of its official website www.tcs.com. The hackers did not only attack the website but also allegedly changed its domain name and put it up for sale!
The hackers has posted a "For Sale" message on the site, which is written in both French and English. The hack is thought to be a DNS Redirect rather than a full fledged hack. This is similar to the one that rocked Twitter last year
This attack raises a lot of questions on the Indian IT industry and the overall Internet security in the country. We mean, if top IT firms cannot create a hacker-proof website, what more can we say?
However, the website has now been restored and is working fine.
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- Chatbots: The Future Of Business Engagement
- Is Your Data Hackproof?
- C-Suite Lessons: How To Secure Enterprise Network
- Five Roadblocks In Enterprise Security Automation
- When Hackers Are Smart, Businesses Should Get Smarter
- Skybox Finds Cryptomining Malware Now Dominates Threat landscape