TCS Website Hacked, Domain Name Up For Sale
Indian software giant Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS) has witnessed the hijacking of its official website www.tcs.com. The hackers did not only attack the website but also allegedly changed its domain name and put it up for sale!
The hackers has posted a "For Sale" message on the site, which is written in both French and English. The hack is thought to be a DNS Redirect rather than a full fledged hack. This is similar to the one that rocked Twitter last year
This attack raises a lot of questions on the Indian IT industry and the overall Internet security in the country. We mean, if top IT firms cannot create a hacker-proof website, what more can we say?
However, the website has now been restored and is working fine.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?