Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam ink deal with Kaspersky
Tech Mahindra and Mahindra Satyam have partnered with Kaspersky Lab to jointly develop security solutions in the areas of mobility, endpoint security, and cloud security services.
These solutions will aim to address the increasing security threats to consumers and corporates in India and Asia Pacific.
“Our understanding with Kaspersky Lab is to jointly address this market with solutions, platforms and models, to provide customers with new security-as-a-service offerings and address mobile security threats,” said C P Gurnani, Chief Executive Officer of Mahindra Satyam.
The focus of mobile security solutions will be to secure the growing number of smartphone users, who access the Internet on the move for official and personal purposes.
As per reports, India has more than 20 million smartphone users. A Nielsen-Informate Mobile Intelligence survey released in September revealed that an average Indian smartphone user spends around 72 percent of their phone usage time in a day on activities such as gaming, entertainment, applications and Internet related content.
With the rapid growth of smartphones and tablets and their use for commerce, new threats from mobile malware have already started becoming a major problem.
Security analysts have identified mobile malware as one of the key emerging sources of security threats, due to the increasing acceptability and penetration of such devices into the corporate environment.
Kaspersky Lab will also work with Tech Mahindra to create a range of managed security services offerings aimed at small and medium businesses
“Every day 70,000 new threats are discovered. In 2011 alone, seven crore malware has been collected. Only with strong partners, will we be able to battle malware and targeted attacks successfully, from endpoints all the way up to the cloud,” said Bernie Bengler, Director Cloud Services / Software as a Service, Kaspersky Lab, Asia Pacific.
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- 5 Indications That You're Almost Losing A Customer
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- AI, Blockchain Shake Up The Drilling Industry: Study
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- Enhancing User Experience With Hi-Tech Retail Outlets