Technology Committee for Highway Projects on Anvil
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways plans to set up a technology committee to expedite road and transport projects. The ministry will be inviting bids later this year for projects worth Rs. 100,000 crore.
The ministry will also be inviting bids for the completion of nearly 3,000 km project by March 2010. The proposed committee will offer technical expertise and advice to the ministry on road and transport projects.
Speaking to CXOtoday, Brahm Dutt, secretary, ministry of road transport and highways confirmed that the ministry would set up a committee on technology, but declined to give a timeframe, saying it will be constituted soon. The committee will be headed by chief engineer and include members from Central Road Research Institute (CRRI) and IITs, besides other members with technological expertise, said Dutt.
CRRI is a national laboratory that carries research and development activities. We are optimistic that the newer technologies will be implemented to accelerate NHAI projects, if available in India or overseas, he said.
Information related to upcoming projects will be uploaded on our official website, Dutt said.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Intel Imparts AI Training To 9,500 Techies
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India