Technology Committee for Highway Projects on Anvil
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways plans to set up a technology committee to expedite road and transport projects. The ministry will be inviting bids later this year for projects worth Rs. 100,000 crore.
The ministry will also be inviting bids for the completion of nearly 3,000 km project by March 2010. The proposed committee will offer technical expertise and advice to the ministry on road and transport projects.
Speaking to CXOtoday, Brahm Dutt, secretary, ministry of road transport and highways confirmed that the ministry would set up a committee on technology, but declined to give a timeframe, saying it will be constituted soon. The committee will be headed by chief engineer and include members from Central Road Research Institute (CRRI) and IITs, besides other members with technological expertise, said Dutt.
CRRI is a national laboratory that carries research and development activities. We are optimistic that the newer technologies will be implemented to accelerate NHAI projects, if available in India or overseas, he said.
Information related to upcoming projects will be uploaded on our official website, Dutt said.
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- SUSE Builds Momentum With New Offerings, Market Expansion
- Ericsson Opens First India Experience Studio in Gurugram