Technology Committee for Highway Projects on Anvil
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways plans to set up a technology committee to expedite road and transport projects. The ministry will be inviting bids later this year for projects worth Rs. 100,000 crore.
The ministry will also be inviting bids for the completion of nearly 3,000 km project by March 2010. The proposed committee will offer technical expertise and advice to the ministry on road and transport projects.
Speaking to CXOtoday, Brahm Dutt, secretary, ministry of road transport and highways confirmed that the ministry would set up a committee on technology, but declined to give a timeframe, saying it will be constituted soon. The committee will be headed by chief engineer and include members from Central Road Research Institute (CRRI) and IITs, besides other members with technological expertise, said Dutt.
CRRI is a national laboratory that carries research and development activities. We are optimistic that the newer technologies will be implemented to accelerate NHAI projects, if available in India or overseas, he said.
Information related to upcoming projects will be uploaded on our official website, Dutt said.
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Blockchain Projects To Lose Much Gleam By 2025: GlobalData
- CIOs Say, Rapid Innovation Puts CX At Risk: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- 85% Companies Not Ready For GDPR Compliance: Report