Tectura Enables Hawk to Reduce Overall Expenditure
Hawk Industries Pvt. Ltd. is a 100 percent export-oriented manufacturer of plastic engineering components and tableware. Hawk caters to the requirement of various enterprises around the globe, processing all the engineering plastics for the Food, Cosmetics, and Home Appliance industries. The company is also involved in mould development and testing.
Hawk’s business requirements and challenges
In the past Hawk tried to maintain and manage large numbers of stand-alone and legacy applications such as: QuickBooks software for finance; Excel for demand, supply, quality, and production planning as well as sales related activities. The limited financial capability of the QuickBooks software led to inaccurate reporting, heavy manual accounting work-loads and erratic Management Information System (MIS) data submission of financial information to the management team.
Additionally the paper based production systems, created major challenges, not only in tracking mould development operation and testing, but also in integration between financial and other plant floor activities, leading to delays in estimating budgeted cost and, inventory and stock movement. It was difficult to track the number of shots produced, product lifetime, and the number of cavities of the products. This process involved compiling numerous spreadsheets related to production data.
The company also faced a tough task, to record and maintain mould maintenance history, to track its accidental parameters, and schedule preventive maintenance of moulds which resulted in frequent accidental breakdowns and production losses. Hawk’s expectations were high, so the difficulty in achieving all of their objectives was both challenging for the software and their people.
Hawk selects Tectura’s solution
Hawk needed a business solution that would streamline their manufacturing processes, reduce accidental breakdowns, enable financial consolidation, reduce deviations from quality specifications, demand and supply planning, and would help them manage their growing business more professionally and seamlessly. After a rigorous evaluation process, Hawk selected Tectura against other Microsoft Dynamics partners because of its strong domain knowledge, expertise, and understanding of the best practices of the process manufacturing industry. Tectura is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, which provides Microsoft Dynamics ERP, CRM and technology solutions.
Tectura provides Hawk with a state-of-the-art ERP Infrastructure
In the planning stage, Tectura consultants worked seamlessly with the Hawk team to evaluate their current status of business processes, identified critical ones, and finalized a complete blueprint for the deployment. Tectura implemented Microsoft Dynamics NAV at Hawk, which is now being accessed by users across the organisation to manage Sales and Distribution (SD), Material Management (MM), Production Planning (PP) and Finance and Controlling (FICO).
Tectura also worked closely to customise the new solution by specifically catering to unique requirements of the company including production, toolroom, quality parameters and mould development planning. A total end-to-end integrated solution meant better monitoring and control of the mould data, real-time visibility across the production supply chain and also helped in preventative maintenance of the mould assets. Following a hassle free implementation process, Hawk is now able to enjoy a robust, reliable and scalable environment that can fully support its business both today and in the future.
Besides a well-organized implementation strategy, a thorough education program was also conducted with all department heads prior to implementation to help them better understand the new system’s key benefits.
Hawk benefits from Tectura’s solution
Tectura integrated its expertise to understand the company’s most pressing business and technology challenges with the innovation to solve them. Some of the benefits incurred are:
- The newly integrated solution provides up-to-the-minute financial data, so Hawk can now make timely and accurate cost analysis for each product, finding out which areas have higher profit margin, and then focusing its resources on those areas.
- Significant reduction in overall expenditure due to better planning and preparation of mould development planning as per the bill of materials (BOM), accurate cost analysis of actual vs. budgeted mould cost, and tracking of mould development on set parameters at various stages.
- Improved and accurate recording of mould maintenance history helps in deployment of Hawk’s preventive mould maintenance strategy, leading to reductions in accidental breakdowns and decreases in production losses.
- Accurate shift wise production reporting of each department on a daily basis (i.e. moulding, metallizing and packaging) helped in better performance tracking and leads to significant planning and execution productivity improvements across several departments.
- Proper synchronisation of planning and scheduling, enabling accurate feedback from jobs through to inventory, labour and overheads. This accurate costing information also points to potential areas for improvement.
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment
- IBM Collaborates With MIT On AI Research
- Role Of Privacy In A Digital World
- Uber India Rolls Out Insurance Program For Driver-Partners
- IP Surveillance Helps Varun Beverages Curb Warehouse Theft
- Qualcomm Bets Big On AI, Machine Learning
- Securing Applications In The Cloud
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (July 24-29)