Telcos and vendors should both realize value from BI, says study
Realizing value from BI and analytics will require considerable investment by both vendors and telecom companies, particularly in the areas of interoperability and data integration, according to analyst firm Ovum. The research firm observes that despite their sophisticated databases, advanced analytics and visualization tools vendors continue to struggle while addressing the daunting challenge of integrating IT and network data.
“The key issue is that the best route to an integrated view is still not clear. Only a handful of vendors have managed to create pre-built departmental models. others believe that each telco requires a certain level of customization, so they create a unique model each time,” explains Shagun Bali, telecom analyst at Ovum.
While a holistic view may be a distant dream, Ovum identifies Oracle as the only vendor that has integrated elements into a single solution. IBM is recognized for offering the most sophisticated BI and analytics portfolio, while SAS’ differentiation continues to be its lead in advanced analytics and information delivery, areas that are becoming more relevant to telcos.
The other player challenging these leading players by offering an easy-to-use platform is Tibco. The company with a wide variety of sophisticated graphs and dashboards is making it easier for non-technical users to access advance analytical models.
“Given the available choice of BI and analytics solutions, telcos are in the envious position of being likely to find a solution well aligned to their specific needs. However, the diversity of the competitive landscape means that telcos must make important strategic decisions early in the selection process about issues such as whether or not they intend to expand their BI and analytics deployments enterprise-wide and how much customization they require,” concluded Bali.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services