Telenor Norway selects TCS for IT modernization
Tata Consultancy Services has signed a multi-year outsourcing contract with Telenor Norway. The contract comprises of application maintenance and development services, which will involve modernization of Telenor Norway’s application portfolio across its OSS, fixed, mobile, data warehouse and accounting system domains. The telecom business unit is the second largest vertical for TCS, comprising over 12,000 employees working for 160+ telecom clients worldwide.
Through this new second generation outsourcing initiative, Telenor Norway hopes to improve its operational efficiency, refresh its IT stack and become more agile to respond to its customers’ changing needs. "By implementing this measure we are making the necessary adaptations to provide our customers with improved and more innovative services in relation to capacity, speed and stability, as well as better quality in both voice and data, and to facilitate current demands for accessibility," said Ragnar Karhus, CEO, Telenor Norway.
"This contract underscores TCS’ ability to help global corporations optimize their ‘Run the Business’ cost and channelize those savings to undertake modernization projects that are delivered with reduced risk and increased certainty," said A.S. Lakshminarayanan, VP & Head, Tata Consultancy Services, Europe.
Recently, TCS had been ranked as the number one service provider in the Nordic region by an EquaTerra survey in which leading CIOs and CXOs in the Nordic region had rated the company ahead of all other providers in terms of customer satisfaction, quality, flexibility, risk and innovation.
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Flipkart To Invest USD 500 Mn In Its Payments Arm PhonePe
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy