Telenor Norway selects TCS for IT modernization
Tata Consultancy Services has signed a multi-year outsourcing contract with Telenor Norway. The contract comprises of application maintenance and development services, which will involve modernization of Telenor Norway’s application portfolio across its OSS, fixed, mobile, data warehouse and accounting system domains. The telecom business unit is the second largest vertical for TCS, comprising over 12,000 employees working for 160+ telecom clients worldwide.
Through this new second generation outsourcing initiative, Telenor Norway hopes to improve its operational efficiency, refresh its IT stack and become more agile to respond to its customers’ changing needs. "By implementing this measure we are making the necessary adaptations to provide our customers with improved and more innovative services in relation to capacity, speed and stability, as well as better quality in both voice and data, and to facilitate current demands for accessibility," said Ragnar Karhus, CEO, Telenor Norway.
"This contract underscores TCS’ ability to help global corporations optimize their ‘Run the Business’ cost and channelize those savings to undertake modernization projects that are delivered with reduced risk and increased certainty," said A.S. Lakshminarayanan, VP & Head, Tata Consultancy Services, Europe.
Recently, TCS had been ranked as the number one service provider in the Nordic region by an EquaTerra survey in which leading CIOs and CXOs in the Nordic region had rated the company ahead of all other providers in terms of customer satisfaction, quality, flexibility, risk and innovation.
- Top Fintech Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- 2018: The Year Of Demystifying Unstructured Data
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO