Teradata releases OLAP connector for Excel users
Teradata Corporation has announced that the Teradata OLAP (online analytical processing) Connector provides Microsoft Excel PivotTable users with direct access to real-time data, which significantly improves reporting and analytics capabilities. Supported by real-time business data, the new enterprise intelligence capabilities help companies make more insightful, timely business decisions, which can create a sustainable advantage.
According to Teradata, when data is moved out of the enterprise data warehouse into individual Excel Workbooks located across the company, the data quickly becomes stale. This creates challenges in auditing reports and offers a fragmented picture of the businesses’ operations. Teradata OLAP Connector increases the breadth and depth of data analytics available to Excel, improves analytic response times, and ensures a consistent view of all corporate data.
“The Teradata OLAP Connector allows business users to continue using their familiar tool - Excel, and to maximize their decision making by leveraging the unmatched performance, scalability and manageability of the Teradata database,” explained Randy Lea, vice president, products and services, Teradata Corporation.
Businesses can rely on their internal resources or look for outside assistance to create an interface between Excel with Teradata. According to Lea, “The Teradata OLAP Connector allows business users to create their own self-service analytics by utilizing a proven set of uniquely powerful and superior technologies - Teradata and Excel. Self-service analytics reduces the burden on the information technology organization and increases the agility of users to respond to their consumers with greater speed.”
The Teradata OLAP Connector is the latest tool from the growing Teradata Business Intelligence Optimizer suite of products, which are designed to optimize the performance of business intelligence applications within a Teradata environment.
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How AI Is Transforming HR And The Recruitment Process
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem