Teradata to select Quantum for enterprise data protection
Teradata, an analytic data applications company has selected data protection and big data management firm Quantum’s Scalar tape libraries and Scalar Key Manager encryption software as standard elements in its enterprise data protection offerings for customers.
Quantum’s Scalar tape libraries come embedded with intelligent iLayer management software and are designed for data protection and archive data.
The tape libraries are claimed to deliver long-term data retention, simplified management and high availability for customers of all sizes, from small offices to big enterprises. Additionally, with Scalar Key Manager, Quantum’s tape automation products provide reliable encryption that can be centrally managed and scaled to meet data security needs.
“We carefully examined other offerings available on the market, and Quantum and its
Scalar tape automation line stood out as the ideal solution to support the archive and disaster recovery demands of our data warehousing customers. These customers have ever-increasing data usage and retention needs in the petabyte range, and tape storage serves an important role in their architectures,” said Scott Gnau, President, Teradata Labs.
Robert Clark, Senior VP, Data Protection Group, Quantum said that alongside its disk-based deduplication, virtualisation and cloud offerings, the company also continued to enhance its tape automation portfolio. The company’s Scalar tape automation line supports the archive and disaster recovery demands of its data warehousing customers.
“These customers have ever-increasing data usage and retention needs in the petabyte range, and tape storage serves an important role in their architectures,” Gnau said.
- How AI Is Changing The Landscape Of House Renting Sector?
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- Insurance Protection For An Autonomous World
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?