The Man Behind Facebook Timeline Quits
Facebook VP of product management Sam Lessin said he’s leaving the social network major. He was instrumental in working on the “Timeline” feature and other important product development roles.
The announcement came as a post on Lessin’s personal Facebook page saying, “Esteemed colleagues, it is with quite mixed emotions that I write to say that August 29th will be my last day at Facebook.”
Lessin joined Facebook when his startup, a storage company called Drop.io, was acquired by Mark Zuckerberg in an all-stock deal back in 2010. He was reportedly to be a close friend of Zuckerberg from the Harvard days. Following the acquisition however, Drop.io closed down.
Since then, Lessin has worked in product management roles at Facebook.
It’s not quite clear what’s next for Lessin. In his post he wrote that he’ll be taking some time off for pursuing his hobbies such as kite-surfing and skiing.
“This is the first time I can think of since middle school where I didn’t have a very concrete next step to take in life…If past performance is any indication, I will be starting something soon enough… What, I don’t know, but generally volume of ideas has never been much of an issue for me,” he writes.
He also plans to help his wife, journalist Jessica Lessin, with her new tech publication, The Information.
- AI Is Changing Every Area Of Business
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- CES 2018: What's In Store For The Enterprise?
- Zuckerberg Pledges Renewed Zeal In Facebook’s Biz Model
- Meet The Top 10 Tech CEOs Of 2017
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- Facebook’s Messenger 2.2 To Woo The Enterprise
- Endpoint, Servers, Cloud Are All WinMagic's Forte: COO
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns