The Next Wave Of Enterprise Mobility
Mobility has been the buzz word for quite some time and it will continue to be. Enterprises are progressively adopting Mobile App Development platforms as part of their business strategy. So, analyzing the current trends of the business world, we predict that mobility will continue to rule in 2017 as well.
Today, the word ‘mobile’ resonates with a lot of things. We talk of mobile gaming, shopping, banking and other mobile services. With an increasing inclination towards mobile, changing business trends and galore mobile applications, it’s just a foretaste of what is to come.
The mobile-evolved Business
Business ecosystems are continuously evolving. They are going digital right from their revenue models, delivery models, payments, customer service, marketing, manufacturing to supply chains. This presented a strong case for businesses to look beyond their set value chain model and move towards the dynamic value web.
Leveraging mobility, businesses allowed multiple parties such as distributors, retailers, suppliers, customers, partners etc. to collaborate, drive contextual communications and share information. It now allows stakeholders to participate in the business ecosystem and go beyond organizational boundaries. There are several instances to prove that customers are now a part of the business ecosystems. For instance, when customer enters pickup and delivery details while booking a cab, when he/she enter ingredients or sauce preferences for their food order or when you offer online services to your clients.
All this is great but, what are organizations missing on ? The organizations are progressively adopting mobility in their work environment. However, in the process, are they just building another silo?
The next wave of Enterprise Mobility trend
Mobility has enabled businesses expand their reach and has allowed external stakeholders to participate in their business ecosystem, moving beyond the traditional value chains. However, the trend will now shift to ‘Process Experience’. And, how do enterprises achieve this ?
Combining the strong capabilities of mobile and Business Process Management (BPM), enterprises can transform their businesses by innovatively connecting their systems, processes, people and things. What does this duo stands to offer ? To illustrate, if you are a field executive working outside office premises, leveraging BPM you can -
· Capture information and share in real-time
· Allow for parallel processing at back-end
· Validate captured data and send for further approvals
· Make decisions on-the-fly with all the real-time information on your mobile
· Drive contextual customer interactions, accessing their information from CRM through BPM
Going mobile with BPM
The increasing millennial worker population is transforming the concept of workplace. The current enterprise mobility trends suggest that about 60% of workers work outside office at least part of the time. Such trends present a strong case for businesses to go mobile with BPM.
The mobile environment backed by BPM with security features like rights-based access gives specific employees access to work items, information and reports on their devices, transforming them to responsive ‘knowledge workers’. With mobility as the future, going mobile with BPM, leveraging its extensive integration capabilities, adaptable workflows, and a collaborative environment is the key.
A mobile BPM offers a truly collaborative environment by integrating your mobile processes with back-end processing. This allows for real-time and parallel processing, enabling organizations to become more productive and efficient.
So, the coming year, go mobile with BPM, beak the silos and become responsive.
- India's Insurance Sector Undergoing Massive Digital Disruption
- How AI Can Disrupt Recruitment Process
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- Negligent Staff, Poor Passwords Trigger Cyber Threats: Study
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- Increased Automation, Agile Development Drive Greater RoI: Study
- Media Firms To Think AI, Cognitive To Achieve Personalization
- Hybrid Cloud In The Era Of Hyper Conversion