The Speedy Journey To A Mobile Enterprise
Driven by expectations of customers and business users, enterprise mobility has infiltrated across organizations and it’s far reaching. Leveraging enterprise mobility, business users get 24×7 on-the-go secured accessibility to business-critical data, and customers are delighted at every touchpoint. These touch points range from keeping customers informed, to servicing them, to resolving their issues, to making them feel valued for associating with your brand. Thus, keeping aside the traditional brand differentiators such as cost-efficiency or uniqueness, customer experience dictates how a product or a service is devised and delivered through various customer touch-points.
With the ever-increasing trend toward non-human interactions, the sole interface that customers actively use is a mobile interface, through an app or channels such as social or text. Employees of an organization also seek mobile driven user experience from enterprise apps to fulfill day-to-day tasks.
The Shift towards Smart Process Applications
Today, a smartphone has become an extension of a person’s work life and personal life. As aforesaid, business users expect to perform tasks on-the-go as they do their personal chores on mobile. Thus, organizations are transitioning towards a digital workplace model and are actively shifting their attention towards process applications.
Subsequently, the key aspect of this shift is that people want to be able to participate in processes from anywhere, anytime. If we were to consider the traditional ERP systems, they have been transactions specific and entailed data rich forms with built-in workflows hidden underneath. Today, the expectation is to enable people to execute their tasks and accomplish goals, without having to wait to get to the workstation. To fulfill the goal, only a mobile based framework won’t suffice the purpose. It needs a process-based platform that abstracts out the process aspects from the monolithic ERP and other backend systems. It underpins the fact that integration with backend systems needs a holistic and framework based approach based on the user-facing process requirements.
Speed is Critical!
The combination of powerful devices, near ubiquitous wireless networks, and widespread user adoption are affecting diversified operations and changing the way IT operates. Relying on limited mobile applications as an extension to the underlying point solutions and applications won’t be sufficient. Enterprises put a lot of efforts and energy in building up the required backend infrastructure and applications on mobile. However, Enterprise IT teams struggle with a set of challenges that prevent them from achieving much needed speed of implementation:
- Every app has its own domain and technology requirements
- Mobile technology ecosystem is highly fragmented
- Apps have to still deal with underlying process silos
- With diverse underlying data & business logic, straight-through integration is a key obstacle
- It’s difficult to get a consistent experience and performance across apps without a robust framework
Action Plan - Rapid Mobility for Mainstream Business Use Case
Against series of challenges, varying from fulfilling domain and technology requisites to be able to deliver consistent experience to workforce and customers- rapid mobility is the answer. Translating development effort into applications is a scalar multiplier. There must be shift in mindset about the way enterprise mobile applications are created at two levels:
- Redefining Work - Enterprise stakeholders expect to get real-time access to information across all touchpoints to be able to make instant and informed decisions. Like consumer applications, they expect consistent user and process experience across the set of applications. On top of it, the applications should be lightweight in functionality against the heavy-duty transactional applications of past.
- IT to go beyond Devops – A horizontal set of functionality- for consistent and scalable treatment of workflows, imaging, documents, business rules, user interfaces and backend integration – in the form of framework is required. Importantly, this development framework should be configurability oriented.
All about developing mobile applications
An enterprise mobility framework, geared for myriad process applications and comes equipped with configurable business process platform that enables enterprises to develop and deploy enterprise applications. Here’s a quick take on what it takes to do the same:
• Mass customization
• Cross-Platform capability
• Configurable platform
• Integration readiness
• Mobility accelerators
In the age of the customer, when packaged applications are not enough to advance sought-after enterprise adaptability and agility, here’s the time for you to assess and mull over current mobile strategy. Identify the process bottlenecks, which prevent you from achieving rapid mobility, and fill the gap with dynamic process applications to orchestrate processes effectively and efficiently.
- Challenges Of Mobile Operators In The Age Of HD
- Here's Why Web Performance Market Will Keep Growing
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit
- FinTech Trends To Watch Out For In 2018
- CES 2018: What's In Store For The Enterprise?
- Are Wearables Finally Taking Off In The Enterprise
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones
- Making AR-VR Technologies Enterprise Ready