Thomson Reuters Chooses Tibco Spotfire
Tibco Software Inc. today announced that it has entered into a partnership with the Scientific business of Thomson Reuters to develop a hosted analytics solution. The solution, to be made available as a premium for Scientific s customers, will be developed on the Tibco Spotfire Enterprise Analytics platform.
Scientific provides information that aids pharmaceutical companies in discovering new drugs and accelerating their release to market, helps researchers stay up to date on newly published materials in their field, and enables companies to get the most from their intellectual property and critical competitive intelligence. Spotfire s combination of adaptability, speed, and usability supports Scientific s need to quickly develop and disseminate its information with pre-packaged analytical applications to customers around the world, according to a statement.
There are many companies offering data visualization and analytical tools on the market today. We chose to work with Tibco because we believe Spotfire is a best of breed visualization provider in the life sciences space. Its visualization technology speeds data analysis and insight and has the flexibility to allow us to quickly develop and distribute customized analytics applications for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostic, and research organizations, said Torsten Geers, VP of Corporate Development for Thomson Reuters Scientific, Inc.
In India, The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has purchased Thomson Scientific’s ISI Web of Knowledge platform to provide access to its 10,000 scientists across 45 labs, allowing all users to cross-search complementary resources and enhancing the CSIR drive for more precise and meaningful research that will further the overall development of science and technology in the country.
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner