Titan Eye Plus connects stores with ERP
Titan Eye Plus, a division of Titan Industries, has extended its current ERP platform, which runs on SAP, to integrate with all its 86 Titan Eye Plus stores across the country. The centers are now connected in real-time with its new lens manufacturing plant located in Chikkaballapur, Bengaluru. This exercise has been on for the past one year and is now complete.
The new manufacturing unit, located 25 km from the Bangalore International Airport (BIAL), is spread across an area of 25,000 sq. ft. While financial details of this project have not been revealed, it is estimated that the company has an annual IT budget of around Rs. 4 crore.
The company is also expected to launch over 50 new stores in the coming year, and all of them too, will be connected to this manufacturing plant.
Speaking to CXOtoday, Ravi Kant, COO (eyewear business) of Titan Industries said, "The linking of our stores to the plant will allow us to begin work on orders quickly. It does away with delay between receiving an order and actually beginning work on it, which in turn increases customer satisfaction and product delivery."
While Titan Industries uses different ERP platforms for their various businesses, the eyewear division has deployed a solution from SAP. At a time when organizations look to outsource IT responsibilities, the company’s policy is to create a strong in-house IT team which will deliver on planned activities. This is reflected in the execution of the project where responsibility of extending the ERP platform and ensuring its concept-to-completion lifecycle was entrusted to the technology team, which has been delivered without hurdles.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- 203 Mn Records Breached In India In H1 2017: Gemalto
- How Digital Is Transforming Child Healthcare
- How Big Data Can Thwart Epidemic Diseases
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- IBM Collaborates With MIT On AI Research
- Role Of Privacy In A Digital World