Tokyo seeks out Accenture to help recruit foreign companies
Accenture has been selected by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) to recruit 10 or more foreign companies to establish their Asian regional headquarters or research and development (R&D) centre in Tokyo’s Special Zone for Asian Headquarters by March 2014. TMG plans to recruit 500 foreign companies, with an initial target of establishing 50 regional headquarters, in the Special Zone by 2016.
Accenture will develop a list of foreign companies, targeting industries with the potential to enhance the region’s international competitiveness. “Accenture will encourage exceptional companies, with superior technologies and services, to establish their regional headquarters in the Special Zone and take advantage of all that Tokyo has to offer as one of the best cities in Asia for doing business,” said Hiroshi Goto, head of Accenture’s Health and Public Service business in Japan. “At the same time, we will advise the TMG on actions to consider to improve the business, government and living environments to help strengthen both Tokyo’s and Japan’s global competitive positioning.”
Foreign companies that locate their Asian regional headquarters in the Special Zone will benefit from preferential tax treatment, bold deregulation and a generous package of financial assistance from the TMG, as well as management consulting services from Accenture to help them through the decision-making process.
Some of the special benefits for which the special zone is eligible are preferential tax treatment, subsidies for locating offices in the special zone, consulting services, full use of the business development centre.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- GSTR2: To File Or Not To File?
- Tech Start-Ups, B2B Firms Drive Indian Start-Up Ecosystem: Nasscom
- Altaf Halde Joins Network Intelligence Business Head
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit