Toll-free Helpline for SMEs in Offing
To provide assistance on issues like taxation, finance, laws, marketing and other relevant topics, the government plans to launch a toll-free helpline for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
This was disclosed by Dinesh Rai, secretary, ministry of micro, small and medium enterprises, at a conference on Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) for Small and Medium Enterprises recently.
Reiterating the government’s commitment to SMEs, Rai said, "The toll-free helpline is part of our resolve to assist SMEs in day-to-day operations, finance, marketing, legal, banking and taxation domains."
In addition, Rai said the governmrnt plans to run a national skill and development centre for the SMEs.
The conference was attended by Dinesh Agarwal, founder and CEO of IndiaMART.com, Rajiv Sodhi, director-emerging geographies, Microsoft India, Gurmukh Singh, head-business marketing, Intel South Asia, and. Harish Bahl, founder & chief executive officer, Smile Interactive Technologies Group, among others.
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Digital Media Marketing Without Losing Human Touch
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Marketing Automation A Growth Driver For EdTech Sector
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- Digiperform Expands In India To Offer Digital Marketing Training
- How AI Is Changing CFO's Role
- Moving Towards Conversational Economy With AI
- Semiconductors in Data Storage