Top 10 ICT Predictions for APAC in 2014
IDC predicts that ICT spending in the Asia Pacific region (excluding Japan) will be driven by markets like China, while emerging markets like India and Indonesia will also continue to accelerate growth.
“The Asia/Pacific region overall has reached a level of maturity where double-digit growth is dissipating fast. The region remains the most reliable engine for growth however, and multinational companies and Asian companies alike will continue to relentlessly look to Asia for future opportunities,” says Claus Mortensen, principal, Emerging Technology Research, IDC Asia/Pacific.
According to the IDC report, ICT spending is expected to grow to 8.7 percent in the Asia-Pacific region. Mortensen also stated that said that as marketers seek new innovative ways to reach out to and sell to customers, the marketing function will be a big driver for the use of cutting edge IT.
The other key trends include personalized and contextual marketing driven by social media, proliferation of location-based apps, new consumption models and Internet of Things.
The top ten predictions by IDC are as below:
1. BYOD as an Enterprise Mobility Strategy Is Dead
2. “A Market of Millions to Millions of Markets” — One-to-One Marketing Will Be Redefined, Becoming Socially and Contextually Aware
3. Geolocation Data Will Drive Organizations to Push the Boundaries of Regulations and Customer Expectations
4. 2014 Will Mark the Serious Beginning of Big Data Analytics as a Service
5. xCommerce Boom Will Give Rise to New Consumption Models and Industries
6. Technology and Web-Based Giants Will Move into Adjacent Business Areas Signaling a New Wave of Business Disruption
7. Internet of Things Will Revolutionize Products and Business Models
8. Partner Community Platforms Will Become the Melting Pots of Business Innovation
9. “Software-Defined” Infrastructure Will Become a Formal Transformation Agenda in 2014
10. 2014 Will See the Perfect Storm for Project Failure: The Combination of Mobility, Analytics, Social, and the Cloud
- Top Trends Driving More Intelligent, Connected Enterprise
- What Lies Ahead For India's Fintech Sector?
- Top Trends To Inspire Your Employees In 2018
- 7 Tech Trends Every Successful CXO Should Know
- Top Fintech Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Top 5 SMB Tech Trends To Rule In 2018
- Small Business Financing Trends To Stay Abreast Of
- Top IT Security Predictions of 2018