Top 10 Tech Companies To Work With In India
India is home to many global companies today, all thanks to the government that is relentlessly attracting the much needed global investment and paved the way to becoming one of the greatest technology hub. The real reason is the country’s abundance highly skilled technical graduates, whose numbers are growing at a rate of 7 percent per year, says the latest study from India’s ministry of commerce and industry. The uptick in hiring of technical professionals and graduates over the years has also brought about a better tech industry in India.
The booming IT sector has been offering a competitive scenario and choosing the right place to work is all the more important and difficult at the same time.
Indeed, a US-based job portal that also operates in India has put together a list of 10 best technology companies in India to work for. The list has been created keeping in mind not only the ‘industry-leaders’, but also the companies that value their employees, while also offering them good career opportunities.
Here’s the list of the best and leading tech organizations –
1. Google – The biggest search giant that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. Android that holds the major share of smartphone in the world, is also owned by google. In India, Google has offices in Bangalore, Gurugram, Mumbai, and Hyderabad.
2. Amazon - The electronic commerce and cloud computing company that started off as an online book-selling platform, but now it runs the world’s largest e-commerce website operating in many countries including India. Recently it even started an automatic Whole food outlet in the US. Amazon has offices in Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
3. Intel - An American multinational corporation and technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in the Silicon Valley. Intel deals with producing communications and computing products, including microprocessors and semiconductor chips. Its office locations in India include, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Noida, Pune, and Secunderabad.
4. IBM - The company originated in 1911 as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) and was renamed “International Business Machines” in 1924. IBM, is a multinational company headquartered in New York, United States and in present in over 170 countries. The firms core business is focuses on manufacturing hardware, middleware and software, as well as providing hosting and consulting services. Its offices are located in Bangalore, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Noida, Bhubaneswar, Coimbatore, Pune, and Visakhapatnam.
5. TCS - An Indian multinational information technology (IT) service, consulting and business solutions company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a subsidiary of the Tata Group and operates in 46 countries. TCS is now placed among the most valuable IT services brands worldwide. It operates in many countries providing IT services, consulting, and business solutions. It has offices in Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Coimbatore,, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mapusa (Goa), Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Nagpur, Vadodara, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Trivandrum, and Bhubaneswar.
6. Cisco - Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products. The company also has a number of subsidiaries that specialize in specific tech markets, including Internet of Things and security. It has offices in Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Gurugram, and Pune.
7. Microsoft - Microsoft operates in many countries including India. It manufactures, develops, manages personal, enterprise computers, tablets, smartphones, cloud services. Windows, which is the widely used operating system in the world, has been developed by Microsoft. Microsoft has offices in India in following locations - Bangalore, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, Chennai, Gurugram, and Kochi.
8. SAP - Software company SAP produces computer software to manage business operations and customer relations. In India, SAP has offices in Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Kolkata, and Chandigarh.
9. Hewlett Packard - HP was founded in 1939, in 2015 restructured into two units – HP Inc that deals in laptops, personal computers, 2D and 3D printing solutions and Hewlett Packard Enterprise that works in consultation, business, and other financial services. It has offices in India at these locations – Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Gurugram, Lucknow, Kolkata, and Udham Singh Nagar.
10. Cognizant Technology Solutions - Cognizant Technology Solutions is A tech firm providing IT services including technology, digital, and consulting services to the clients and vendors. It has its offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Kochi, Coimbatore, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mangalore.
- Drones, A Key Tech Innovation In Indian Construction
- Indian IT Sector Lessons From USD 1.8-Bn HCL-IBM Deal
- What’s Driving India’s B2B E-Commerce Market?
- Study Reveals Indian Businesses Make Best Use of Collaboration
- Cyber Threats Cost Indian Cos Upto USD 10.3 Mn In Economic Losses
- Smartphone Users In India To Double by 2022: Cisco
- Low Code Platforms Can Help SMBs Gain Mobility
- The Next Phase Of IoT Evolution In BFSI Sector
- Digital Transformation Is Top Priority For Indian CIOs: Gartner
- IoT Is Becoming A Major Burden For CIOs: Study