Top 5 Apps To Promote Digital India Initiative
With increasing penetration of smart phones in India at affordable prices, it is necessary to create mobile Apps. The central government kick-started an ambitious Digital India initiative, which includes digital infrastructure, digital literacy and delivery of service digitally. With the popularity of Smartphones, the craze for downloading mobile apps increased, the government leveraged this scenario to promote the Digital India initiative through mobile apps.
Android Operating System has the largest share among smartphones in India. Therefore, initially Apps were being developed for Android and gradually for other popular operating system such as Windows and iOS. First major goal of this initiation was to connect 2,50,000 more villages with high-speed internet networks so that rural people get access to information like their urban peers.
In the digital literacy initiative, the government has chalked out plans to inculcate computer knowledge to the poor and rural population. Another major goal delivery of the digital service is to offer feature-rich smartphone apps which will bring basic services right into the hands of the citizens via e-governance.
1) myGov (MyGovIndia):This feature-rich app is a product of government’s initiative to crowd-source ideas from common citizens. Users can send their opinions (or suggestions) to Central Ministries and associated organizations to improve government services or bring in new initiation for the betterment of the society as a whole.
2) Swacch Paryatan: This project is being implemented by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India through DeGS and NIC. This Mobile App is available on Google Search Engine as ‘Swachh Paryatan’ and initially it is available on Android Phones and very soon it will be available on Apple and Microsoft also. This mobile app shall be monitored by the Project Monitoring Unit of Swachh Bharat Mission in Ministry of Tourism. The general public and tourists are the largest stakeholders in keeping the monuments clean, the Ministry of Tourism has decided to facilitate the general public to communicate their complaints about any unclean area/garbage piles in and around tourist destinations. Hence as a part thereof, the Ministry of Tourism is launched this Mobile App.
3) CISF Mobile App: CISF has launched a new mobile application for its troops which will enable them to check their pay-related queries and register grievances while being on the move.
The Android-based facility has been named ‘m-Power’ and is an extended technology facility of the existing computer system facility for these men and women who guard some of the most vital installations in the country’s civil aviation, aerospace and nuclear power domain.
4) Kisan Suvidha App: Kisan Suvidha is an omnibus mobile app developed to help farmers by providing relevant information to them quickly. With the click of a button, users can get the information on weather of the current day and next 5 days, along with information regarding dealers, market prices, agro advisories, plant protection, IPM Practices etc. Unique features like extreme weather alerts and market prices of commodity in the nearest area and the maximum price in state as well as India have been added to empower farmers in the best possible manner.
5) Incredible India (Ministry of Tourism): This feature-rich app is not only useful to foreign nationals, but to Indian citizens as well. Based on the location of the user, this application will list all the government affiliated tour operators, adventure tour operators, regional level tourist guides and also recommend classified hotels nearby. It also gives tips on the best places to visit in that particular location.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns