Top Telecos Come Under Govt. Scrutiny
The Centre has ordered a special audit of the country’s five leading private-sector mobile telecommunications companies to find out whether there has been any misreporting of revenue.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today, Gurudas Kamat, the junior telecoms minister, said certain phone firms have been charged with misreporting their revenue.
"Hence, the Department of Telecom has decided to conduct special audit of Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Vodafone Essar Ltd, Idea Cellular Ltd and Tata Teleservices Ltd," he said.
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market