Top Telecos Come Under Govt. Scrutiny
The Centre has ordered a special audit of the country’s five leading private-sector mobile telecommunications companies to find out whether there has been any misreporting of revenue.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today, Gurudas Kamat, the junior telecoms minister, said certain phone firms have been charged with misreporting their revenue.
"Hence, the Department of Telecom has decided to conduct special audit of Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Vodafone Essar Ltd, Idea Cellular Ltd and Tata Teleservices Ltd," he said.
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Three Major Digital Transformation Challenges
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- Why Businesses Should Move to Cloud Telephony
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study