Top Telecos Come Under Govt. Scrutiny
The Centre has ordered a special audit of the country’s five leading private-sector mobile telecommunications companies to find out whether there has been any misreporting of revenue.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today, Gurudas Kamat, the junior telecoms minister, said certain phone firms have been charged with misreporting their revenue.
"Hence, the Department of Telecom has decided to conduct special audit of Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Vodafone Essar Ltd, Idea Cellular Ltd and Tata Teleservices Ltd," he said.
- How Cisco Streamlined UTI's Communication System
- India's Top 10 Innovative Companies For 2018
- How Cloud Is Transforming CXOs' Operating Style
- Sify Names Arindam Mukherjee As Regional CEO, West
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Jan 29-Feb 2)
- Why Are Telcos Disappointed With Budget 2018
- RJio’s Rs 49 Per Month Plan Could Force Incumbents Shift To VoLTE 4G
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 15-20)
- India's Telecom Sector To Slash 80K-90K Jobs
- Tech 2017: CXOToday's Top 20 Technology Stories