Top Telecos Come Under Govt. Scrutiny
The Centre has ordered a special audit of the country’s five leading private-sector mobile telecommunications companies to find out whether there has been any misreporting of revenue.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today, Gurudas Kamat, the junior telecoms minister, said certain phone firms have been charged with misreporting their revenue.
"Hence, the Department of Telecom has decided to conduct special audit of Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Vodafone Essar Ltd, Idea Cellular Ltd and Tata Teleservices Ltd," he said.
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- Tata-Backed E-Commerce Firm Moglix On An Expansion Spree
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- After Telecom, RJio Set To Disrupt India’s E-Commerce
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business