Toshiba Announces 40nm CMOS Platform Technology
Toshiba Corporation has unveiled a 40nm CMOS platform technology based on 45nm process technology which it expects to deploy on samples the current quarter. Toshiba will start mass production on it in the second quarter, FY2009.
Advanced mobile application requires reduced chip size and lower power consumption. The new platform fabricates SOC (System on Chip) for power-critical mobile applications that consume less than half the power of 65nm generation LSI.
Process migration is a solution to meet the demand; however, shorter channel length tends to cause current leakage. Both reduction of power consumption and chip size shrinkage require controlling channel impurity concentration and fining layout.
Toshiba has established and applied new platform technology for a new activation sequence using flash lamp anneal.
It will further enhance development of low-power-consumption technology for advanced generations.
ARM and Toshiba in Licensing Agreement
- Rubique To Expand To 100 Cities by March 2018
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative