Toshiba Announces 40nm CMOS Platform Technology
Toshiba Corporation has unveiled a 40nm CMOS platform technology based on 45nm process technology which it expects to deploy on samples the current quarter. Toshiba will start mass production on it in the second quarter, FY2009.
Advanced mobile application requires reduced chip size and lower power consumption. The new platform fabricates SOC (System on Chip) for power-critical mobile applications that consume less than half the power of 65nm generation LSI.
Process migration is a solution to meet the demand; however, shorter channel length tends to cause current leakage. Both reduction of power consumption and chip size shrinkage require controlling channel impurity concentration and fining layout.
Toshiba has established and applied new platform technology for a new activation sequence using flash lamp anneal.
It will further enhance development of low-power-consumption technology for advanced generations.
ARM and Toshiba in Licensing Agreement
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- India Ranks 7th On Web Application Attacks: Akamai
- India's Top 10 Innovative Companies For 2018
- E-Retailing To Grow By 2.5 Times In 3 Years: Crisil
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- More Customer-Facing Firms Will Use Chatbots In 2-3 Years
- TalentSprint Sees More Potential Of Blockchain In Fintech
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Embracing Technology For HR Innovation
- LinkedIn Launches ‘Scheduler’ Feature To Ease Hiring Process