Trai Favours Per-Second Billing for Mobile Service
Tata DoCoMo s revolutionary per-second billing tariff has gained the attention of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) which is now considering making this plan mandatory for all service providers
JS Sarma, chairman of Trai, disclosed this plan on the sidelines of International Telecommunication Union’s annual telecom conference held in Geneva. The regulator intends to float a consultation paper on the issue within a month and a half, Sarma said.
At present, Tata DoCoMo is the only operator to offer services under the per-second billing model. With this model the service provider aims to attract subscribers for its newly-launched mobile services on the GSM platform.
- Tata-Backed E-Commerce Firm Moglix On An Expansion Spree
- Access to Applications Based on a ‘Driving License’ Model
- Tech Mahindra-Microsoft Use Blockchain To Curb Spam Calls
- Paytm Mall Eyes $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March'19
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- After Telecom, RJio Set To Disrupt India’s E-Commerce
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- Find Best Deals On Computer & Accessories With Zouton