Trai Favours Per-Second Billing for Mobile Service
Tata DoCoMo s revolutionary per-second billing tariff has gained the attention of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) which is now considering making this plan mandatory for all service providers
JS Sarma, chairman of Trai, disclosed this plan on the sidelines of International Telecommunication Union’s annual telecom conference held in Geneva. The regulator intends to float a consultation paper on the issue within a month and a half, Sarma said.
At present, Tata DoCoMo is the only operator to offer services under the per-second billing model. With this model the service provider aims to attract subscribers for its newly-launched mobile services on the GSM platform.
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- How Big Data Can Thwart Epidemic Diseases
- Smart India Stack Can Slash Operational Costs Upto 70 pc
- Role Of Privacy In A Digital World
- Using Big Data To Solve Telcos' Frauds, Revenue leakage
- Infosys Saga: Nandan Nilekani Appointed Chairman