Trend Micro to Release Deep Security 7 Soon
Trend Micro plans to introduce a new version of Deep Security so that organizations can protect physical, virtual servers from malware. According to Trend Micro, cyber criminals that create malware these days are increasingly sophisticated and the nature of the threats are very stealth-driven. Intrusions are now being created with a mindset to reap profits and not just to create problems.
Since data centers are moving towards server consolidation by adopting virtualization technologies, the virtual machines also need to be secured. Offsite or outsourced cloud-infrastructure also involves storing corporate data outside of the business premises. Security risks in such environments are now a growing concern.
Deep Security 7 takes advantage of the VMsafe API, which allows third-party applications to interact with functions made available through the virtualization management software. Interaction with the hypervisor removes the need to provide separate security for each virtual machine instance.
- Protects critical applications/data, prevents data breaches caused by targeting software bugs, Web-based attacks like SQL injection and cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Enables compliance with important standards and regulations such as PCI, FISMA and HIPAA
- Uncovers malicious activity and critical security events buried in system and application logs
- Provides detailed, auditable reports
- Provides security for virtual and cloud environments
- Lowers operational costs with timely protection against exploits
- Eliminates the cost of deploying multiple software clients with a centrally managed, multi-purpose software agent or virtual appliance
Deep Security 7 is scheduled to be made available in November. It will be available for physical servers, and a separate version for virtual servers in VMware environments.
- IBM, Salesforce Strengthen AI Partnership
- Employees Not Bothered About Company’s Security: Study
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- Is It Time To Say 'Goodbye' To Passwords?
- AI, AR, ML, VoLTE To Boom In 2018: Deloitte
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)