Truecaller Adds New Features To Android Wearables
Truecaller has unveiled new apps that bring Truecaller’s functionality to Android wearables. These will enable users to quickly get call or contact information where and when they need it most without ever having to break from their normal activity. Users who have Truecaller installed on their Android phone will be able to have that same information seamlessly displayed on their Android wearable.
Android Wear, Google’s platform for small, powerful wearable devices like watches, lets users get useful information at a glance, track their fitness goals and get straight answers to spoken questions. Within the Truecaller app, Android wearable users will not only be able to get valuable call information just by looking down at their watch, but they’ll also be able to swipe their watch to answer calls or dismiss calls, send texts, make calls or simply save caller contact info with just a quick tap.
Truecaller’s community of over 65 million users crowdsources contact info to protect each other from mobile fraud and scams, while helping you take the calls you actually want to take. The company’s partnership with Yelp also gives users access to business ratings, and recommendations within Yelp’s directory so users can ID both people and businesses calling your phone.
“With Truecaller for Android Wear, users will be able to tell right away if the person calling you is a acquaintance, business or scammer, all with a simple glance at your wrist,” Truecaller CEO and Co-Founder Alan Mamedi said.
Truecaller with Android Wear integration will be available for free on Google Play. Users won’t need to take any extra steps to get the app working on their Android wearable. The app will automatically be installed on a paired with Android wearable devices if they have Truecaller app open on their Android phone.
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Apple Leads the Slowing Wearables Market, Says IDC
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson