TTL Plans to Repeat August Success
Tata Teleservices Limited (TTL), which recently achieved the distinction of becoming the operator to add the highest number of subscribers in a month for the month of August ahead of Bharti Airtel, intends to keep the momentum going.
TTL, a joint venture between Tata Communications and Japan’s NTT DoCoMo, launched its GSM services under brand Tata DoCoMo in June. It became the first mobile brand to launch per-second billing, doing away with the concept of per minute pulse rate.
Tata Teleservices had also launched a pay-per-character SMS scheme for its GSM-brand Tata DoCoMo and pay-per-call schemes for its CDMA customers - all of which have received great response from the subscribers, the company claims.
TTL added 3.4 million new subscribers in August. It now plans to take its GSM service to new cities.
"We will continue to launch more innovative services and hope to add similar number of subscribers as we launch GSM services in other circles across the country," said Deepak Gulati, president of Tata DoCoMo.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Rolls Royce Partners TCS To Bolster Digital Capabilities
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Will Trade Unions Matter In The Age Of Automation
- Three Major Digital Transformation Challenges
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- CFOs Focusing On Expense Mgmt To Cut Travel Costs