TTSL Again Leads in New Users for September
Tata Teleservices Limited (TTSL), which added a highest-ever 3.4 million subscribers in August, has surpassed itself by registering 4 million additions for the month of September.
In September, TTSL added 40,06,823 subscribers including both from Tata Indicom and Tata DoCoMo, as per data released by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
The monthly additions are seen at 17 percent growth rate.
Commenting on this achievement, Anil Sardana, managing director of Tata Teleservices Limited, said, "September is the second consecutive month that we have achieved the highest number of new subscriber additions. This has far exceeded our expectations and motivates us to provide the best telecom experience to our customers."
TTSL has so far launched its GSM services under the brand name Tata DoCoMo in 10 circles and the remaining circles are set to go live by year-end.
"In the recent past, we have announced some fantastic products and offers — such as our pay per call paradigm on Tata Indicom, the diet-sms offer from Tata DoCoMo, the Photon-powered Netbook from Tata Indicom, along with Olive and Qualcomm, launch of Blackberry devices (Blackberry Bold and Blackberry Curve) by Tata DoCoMo, our agreement with Telecordia, and many such more.
"The impact of these is just beginning to be felt and I am sure these initiatives by Tata Teleservices Limited, and many others that we will be launching in coming months, will see Tata Teleservices emerging as India s telecom operator of choice," added Sardana.
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella
- Three Major Digital Transformation Challenges
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Flipkart To Invest USD 500 Mn In Its Payments Arm PhonePe
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs