TTSL to launch cloud computing service in December
Tata Teleservices (TTSL) will soon be launching a cloud computing service targeting SMBs. The service is expected to be available for SMBs starting this month.
“TTSL has the infrastructure in place, we have the data centers and broadband connectivity, but we need a partner to provide the IT hardware required. We are currently talking to five different vendors about a possible partnership,” said HD Khosla, president (wired line technology) Tata Teleservices (TTSL). These vendors include the likes of Oracle, Cisco, and Tata’s own IT consulting division – TCS. Though TTSL has not yet fixed on a partner, it hopes to make an announcement soon.
Through its cloud computing initiative, TTSL will be providing SMBs the option of utilizing the public cloud to access processes like payroll management, CRM, etc. The services will be provided on a ‘pay-as-you-use’ model, which Khosala says will be especially attractive to SMBs.
TTSL’s venture comes close on the heels of BSNL’s similar tie-up with Datacraft, announced last month. But where BSNL has earmarked Rs.200 crore as an initial investment for the project, it is unlikely that TTSL will spend that kind of money, though Khosala did not divulge any details on investments.
This is not TTSL’s first foray in cloud computing. Last year it had launched a plug-and-play computing service called Nova Navigator in partnership with Novatium Solutions. It also provides enterprise services like salesforce automation, hosted e-mail, etc. but with this new venture TTSL will hope to create a stronger presence in a rapidly growing on-demand services market.
- cloud based software testing
- MPS To Boost Productivity With Adobe Creative Cloud
- Shaadi.com Hosts Over 30 million Users with Rackspace
- Cos To Spend $100 Mn On Average In Digital Initiatives
- Cisco Plans To Cut 6000 Jobs Yet Again
- Cloud Adoption Surges In The Healthcare Sector
- Emerging Technologies Help Us Innovate
- India's IT Networking Market Hoping For Better Days
- Mobile Security, Integration Top Enterprise Challenges
- HP Offers “Lean” Managed Cloud Service For Enterprise