TÜV Rheinland India plans major expansion
TÜV Rheinland India, a provider of testing, inspection, certification and training, announced a Rs.150-Crore expansion plan in India. The company is a 100 percent subsidiary of TUV Rheinland Group, Germany.
The company has planned its investment in the areas of setting up of new testing laboratories and expanding the capacity in the company’s existing facilities at Bangalore. Part of the money would also be spent to set up vocational training centres.
The company also said that it would for opportunities to acquire business that would compliment its existing sphere of work, either in the field of testing and inspection or in the area of vocational training. Based on its convenience, the company may even strike a few acquisition deals by end of next year.
“The testing and certification business is at a nascent stage in India. But, with the growing consumers’ awareness, it is bound to go up in the coming years.” said M Bhaskar, Director, TUV Rheinland India. He believes that the domestic market in also has huge possibilities in addition to the export market that already has tremendous potential for inspection and certification companies like TUV.
Bhaskar also added that a new textile testing centre would be set up at Gurgaon and Tirupur by end of this year in addition to expanding the current facilities in Bangalore. “We would also look at setting up more laboratories next year,” he said.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision