TÜV Rheinland India plans major expansion
TÜV Rheinland India, a provider of testing, inspection, certification and training, announced a Rs.150-Crore expansion plan in India. The company is a 100 percent subsidiary of TUV Rheinland Group, Germany.
The company has planned its investment in the areas of setting up of new testing laboratories and expanding the capacity in the company’s existing facilities at Bangalore. Part of the money would also be spent to set up vocational training centres.
The company also said that it would for opportunities to acquire business that would compliment its existing sphere of work, either in the field of testing and inspection or in the area of vocational training. Based on its convenience, the company may even strike a few acquisition deals by end of next year.
“The testing and certification business is at a nascent stage in India. But, with the growing consumers’ awareness, it is bound to go up in the coming years.” said M Bhaskar, Director, TUV Rheinland India. He believes that the domestic market in also has huge possibilities in addition to the export market that already has tremendous potential for inspection and certification companies like TUV.
Bhaskar also added that a new textile testing centre would be set up at Gurgaon and Tirupur by end of this year in addition to expanding the current facilities in Bangalore. “We would also look at setting up more laboratories next year,” he said.
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D