TV5M0NDE Selects Tatacom's LiveBroadcast Service
TV5MONDE, a global French language network, has selected Tata Communications’ LiveBroadcast service to distribute key events in real-time via the Internet.
LiveBroadcast, a flash-based streaming service, will provide TV5 with the necessary resources and scalability to support their quickly growing audience and support the constant and dynamic flow of content.
With more than 300 points of presence worldwide, Tata Communications offers global content delivery network (CDN) service on a state-of-the-art, single ASN global IP network. Through the LiveBroadcast offering, Tatacom will provide an end-to-end solution that will replicate and distribute content, within a two- to four-second delay, using the company’s extensive Tier-1 IP backbone, a company release said.
Genius Wong, senior vice president, Global IP and VPN Services, Tata Communications, said, "Our company’s extensive network backbone and innovative way of broadcasting multimedia content via the Internet, allows TV5, as well as other broadcasters and large content providers, worldwide to seamlessly relay programming at unparalleled speed and quality."
Tatacom has supplied TV5 with telecom products and services since 1999.
Jean Pierre Verines, CTO for TV5MONDE, said, "Tata Communications’ broad global presence coupled with their commercial and technical flexibility best matched our vision and facilitated our move into the online distribution arena."
Using a solution that relies on the same Distributed Origin technology as the one used in its CDN to deliver Flash/H264 Video On Demand services, incoming Live Streams are simultaneously replicated on every delivery node instantly by taking advantage of Tatacom’s oversized Tier-1 IP backbone. Since no proprietary live server-based solution is used, the LiveBroadcstst service can scale to handle any live event without requiring additional server rollout, the release stated..
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report