TV5M0NDE Selects Tatacom's LiveBroadcast Service
TV5MONDE, a global French language network, has selected Tata Communications’ LiveBroadcast service to distribute key events in real-time via the Internet.
LiveBroadcast, a flash-based streaming service, will provide TV5 with the necessary resources and scalability to support their quickly growing audience and support the constant and dynamic flow of content.
With more than 300 points of presence worldwide, Tata Communications offers global content delivery network (CDN) service on a state-of-the-art, single ASN global IP network. Through the LiveBroadcast offering, Tatacom will provide an end-to-end solution that will replicate and distribute content, within a two- to four-second delay, using the company’s extensive Tier-1 IP backbone, a company release said.
Genius Wong, senior vice president, Global IP and VPN Services, Tata Communications, said, "Our company’s extensive network backbone and innovative way of broadcasting multimedia content via the Internet, allows TV5, as well as other broadcasters and large content providers, worldwide to seamlessly relay programming at unparalleled speed and quality."
Tatacom has supplied TV5 with telecom products and services since 1999.
Jean Pierre Verines, CTO for TV5MONDE, said, "Tata Communications’ broad global presence coupled with their commercial and technical flexibility best matched our vision and facilitated our move into the online distribution arena."
Using a solution that relies on the same Distributed Origin technology as the one used in its CDN to deliver Flash/H264 Video On Demand services, incoming Live Streams are simultaneously replicated on every delivery node instantly by taking advantage of Tatacom’s oversized Tier-1 IP backbone. Since no proprietary live server-based solution is used, the LiveBroadcstst service can scale to handle any live event without requiring additional server rollout, the release stated..
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Encouraging More Women Into Tech Leadership Roles
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech