TVS Motors improves product delivery efficiency with IBM software
Solution to help the company reduce overall costs associated with transportation and logistics.
Auto manufacturer TVS Motors selected IBM’s ILOG Transportation Analyst solution to map the most cost-effective trucking routes for timely delivery to its various dealerships.
“We were looking to improve on the timelines of the delivery of our products to the dealerships. We are confident that this solution will help us arrive at faster delivery times through better truck route planning. We have chosen to deploy the solution as it will also help us bring greater cost efficiencies in transportation and logistics processes,” said spokesperson from TVS Motors in a media release.
TVS has a widespread dealer network across the country, where it dispatches products from its manufacturing plants on a regular basis. These products need to be delivered on time, to ensure timely delivery to the customer. The company was looking to arrive at better transportation routes which would further improve delivery efficiency while saving on costs.
IBM said that its software can help to determine the best possible pickup and delivery dates, based on various constraints related to route and distance. The solution will allow TVS to bring down costs associated with multiple drop shipments to a single dealership.
“We believe that our solution will provide TVS the value addition it its needs to improve on transport times and costs,” said Dulles Krishnan, Director, IBM Commerce Solutions.
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Ness Appoints Vinay Rajadhyaksha To Drive Digital Business
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- Leveraging Digital Technologies For Manufacturing
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- How App Delivery Can Keep Pace With The Dynamic Market
- CFOs Focusing On Expense Mgmt To Cut Travel Costs
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud